Covid-19 Safety Protocols
In response to the worldwide Covid-19 Pandemic of 2020, The Eliot Hotel has implemented multi-level operational protocols to comply with recommendations by the Center for Disease Control and the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
In Massachusetts, if you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic. Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
The Eliot Hotel recognizes that the Covid-19 Pandemic has changed how the hotel’s operations function. Guests can be assured that the attention to detail that has always been a hallmark of our personalized guest service is evident in our thorough approach to ensure the highest levels of safety for our guests and employees.
- In accordance with CDC guidance, all guests who have not yet been fully vaccinated are asked to wear a mask at all times while in the hotel's public spaces.
- Guests have the choice to forego housekeeping service during their stay. Cleaning is only provided while guest is not in the room.
- In addition to standard cleaning policies, a comprehensive, multi touchpoint check list has been implemented, ensuring all touchpoints are sanitized.
- Minibars are not restocked during the guest stay except upon request.
- EPA-approved cleaning product is utilized.
- All public areas and identified public touchpoints are frequently sanitized.
- Sanitizer dispensers are placed on each floor and in the lobby.
- A room used by an identified positive guest is only resold after undergoing enhanced sanitization protocols per CDC guidelines.
- Touchless registration and payment options are available.
- Room keys are sanitized, and guests retain the room key for the duration of their stay.