Covid-19 Safety Protocols
In response to the worldwide Covid-19 Pandemic of 2020, The Eliot Hotel has implemented robust, multi-level operational protocols to comply with recommendations by the leading authorities, including the CDC, OSHA, AHLA, and by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Workplace Reopening Plan for Operators of Lodgings.
A Covid-19 Travel Advisory in Massachusetts is effective as of March 22, 2021. All visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents are advised to quarantine for 10 days upon their arrival. Exemptions to the Travel Advisory are in place for travelers who meet one of the following requirements:
~ Travelers are exempt from this advisory if they have a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to their arrival in Massachusetts. If not obtained before entry to Massachusetts, a test may be obtained after arrival, as long as travelers quarantine until a negative test result has been received.
~ Anyone who is returning to Massachusetts after an absence of fewer than 24 hours is exempt from this Advisory.
~ Workers who enter Massachusetts to perform critical infrastructure functions (as specified by the Federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) are exempt from this advisory while they are commuting to or from or while at work.
~ Travelers who are fully vaccinated (i.e. who have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine OR who have received a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, 14 days or more ago) and who do not have symptoms are exempt from this advisory.
~ We ask all potential guests to please be certain to review the Travel Advisory.
The Eliot Hotel recognizes that the Covid-19 Pandemic has changed how the hotel’s operations function. Guests can be assured that the attention to detail that has always been a hallmark of our personalized guest service is evident in our thorough approach to ensure the highest levels of safety for our guests and employees.
- Guests have the choice to forego housekeeping service during their stay. Cleaning is only provided while guest is not in the room.
- In addition to standard cleaning policies, a comprehensive, multi touchpoint check list has been implemented, ensuring all touchpoints are sanitized.
- Each room is inspected independently by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Minibars are not restocked during the guest stay except upon request.
- EPA-approved cleaning product is utilized.
- All public areas and identified public touchpoints are frequently sanitized.
- Sanitizer dispensers are placed on each floor and in the lobby.
- Social distancing is required, with directive signs placed in hallways, elevators and lobby.
- Staff are trained to exercise proactive distancing.
- Protocols are in place to manage distancing during busy periods when there are multiple guests.
- All staff are trained on operational protocols and wear PPE. Guests are provided PPE kits.
- All staff self-monitor body temperature prior to coming to work. Anyone with a temperature of or more than 100.4f, (38c), does not come to work.
- A room used by an identified positive guest is only resold after undergoing enhanced sanitization protocols per CDC guidelines.
- Touchless registration and payment options have been implemented.
- Room keys are sanitized, and guests retain the room key for the duration of their stay.
- Self-parking is encouraged. If valet parking is chosen, valets use gloves and sanitize door handles, guest car keys, and place a protective plastic covering on steering wheel.
- Vendors allowed into the hotel will be required to adhere to all hotel protocols.