Covid-19 Safety Protocols
In response to the worldwide Covid-19 Pandemic of 2020, The Eliot Hotel has implemented multi-level operational protocols to comply with recommendations by the Center for Disease Control and the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
As of Friday, August 27th, 2021, face masks are required in all indoor public settings in the City of Boston. Through an order from the Boston Public Health Commission, the City of Boston requires all people over age two to wear a mask or face covering:
Whenever they are indoors on the premises of a business, club, place of assembly or other place that is open to members of the public, including but not limited to retail establishments, restaurants, bars, performance venues, social clubs, event spaces, and municipal buildings.
The Eliot Hotel recognizes that the Covid-19 Pandemic has changed how the hotel’s operations function. Guests can be assured that the attention to detail that has always been a hallmark of our personalized guest service is evident in our thorough approach to ensure the highest levels of safety for our guests and employees.
- Guests have the choice to forego housekeeping service during their stay. Cleaning is only provided while the guest is not in the room.
- In addition to standard cleaning policies, a comprehensive, multi touchpoint check list has been implemented, ensuring all touchpoints are sanitized.
- Minibars are not restocked during the guest stay except upon request.
- EPA-approved cleaning product is utilized.
- All public areas and identified public touchpoints are frequently sanitized.
- Sanitizer dispensers are placed on each floor and in the lobby.
- A room used by an identified positive guest is only resold after undergoing enhanced sanitization protocols per CDC guidelines.
- Touchless registration and payment options are available.